Scope of application
Accommodation contracts and other agreements related to these contracts between resort villages and their guests shall be subject to these terms and conditions. Any particulars not provided for herein shall be as provided for by laws and regulations or generally accepted practices.
If the resort village has entered into a special contract with the guest, insofar as that special contract does not violate laws, regulations, or generally accepted practices, that special agreement shall take precedence over the provisions of these terms and conditions, the provisions of the previous item notwithstanding.
Application for accommodation contracts
When applying for an accommodation contract for this resort village, notify the resort village of the following particulars.
- The name, address, and telephone number at the place of contact for a representative guest
- The dates of accommodation, number of days of accommodation, number of people, gender, age groups (adults, children of primary school age, infants) and the planned time of arrival.
- Any other particulars the resort village deems necessary.
In the event that during his stay, the guest requests an extension of the accommodation longer beyond the number of lodging days as specified in (2) above, it will be regarded as an application for a new accommodation contract at the time the application is made.
Conclusion of accommodation contract
An accommodation contract shall be deemed to have been concluded when the resort village has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the previous article. However, this shall not apply when the resort village has been shown to have not accepted the application.
The ownership right to the accommodation contract shall revert to the applicant and the resort village in question. This contract shall become invalid if the ownership right is conveyed to another party without the consent of the resort village.
Refusal to conclude the accommodation contract
The resort village may not accept the conclusion of the accommodation contract in any of the following circumstances.
- When the application for accommodation does not conform to these terms and conditions
- When the resort village is fully booked and no room is available.
- When the guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to commit acts that will contravene rules and regulations, the public order, or public morals.
- When it has been clearly recognized that the guest seeking accommodation has an infectious disease
- When the resort village is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to the accommodation
- When accommodation cannot be provided due to natural disaster, malfunctions at the facility, or some other unavoidable reason.
- When the provisions of Article of Prefecture Ordinances are applicable
The guest's right to cancel accommodation contracts
The guest may cancel an accommodation contract by notifying the resort village.
The resort village may receive damages for breach of contract by the provisions of Appended Table No. 1 when the guest cancels the contract either in whole or in part for reasons attributable to the guest.
The resort village shall regard this contract cancelled by the guest if the guest has not arrived by 8:00 p.m. on the accommodation date without notification, or if the scheduled arrival time is after 6:00 p.m., more than two hours have elapsed since that time.
The resort village's right to cancel accommodation contracts
The resort village may cancel an accommodation contract under the following circumstances.
- When the guest seeking accommodation is deemed liable to commit acts that will contravene rules and regulations, the public order, or public morals
- When it has been clearly recognized that the guest seeking accommodation has an infectious disease.
- When the resort village is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to the accommodation.
- When accommodation cannot be provided due to natural disaster or some other unavoidable reason.
- When the provisions of Article of Prefecture Ordinances are applicable.
- When the guest does not comply with prohibited actions, including smoking in the bedroom, or tampering with facility equipment, such as fire fighting equipment, or other prohibitions of the Resort Village Policy and Rules (restricted to particulars deemed necessary for fire prevention).
When the resort village has cancelled the accommodation contract in accordance with the provisions of the preceding item, the resort village shall not be entitled to charge the guest for services in the future during the contractual period that he has not received
The guest shall register the following particulars at the front desk of the resort village on the accommodation date.
- The name, address, telephone number, gender, occupation, of the guest(s) and age.
- The number of nights the guest(s) intends to stay, the number of people and their age groups (adult, elementary school children or infants).
- Any other particulars that the resort village deems necessary.
Foreigners who do not have an address in Japan will be asked to present their passports for photocopying.
If the guest wishes to pay the charges in coupons accepted by the resort village or by credit card instead of in Japanese currency as noted in Article 11, the guest will present these in advance at the time of providing the registration particulars in the preceding item.
Guest room occupancy hours
The guests are entitled to occupy the contracted guest rooms at the resort village from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. the next day. In the event of continuous accommodation, however, the guest may occupy the room throughout the day, except for the days of arrival and departure.
The provisions of the previous item notwithstanding, the resort village may allow the occupancy of the guest room during hours other than those provided for in the same item. In this overtime charges will apply for additional time spent as stipulated in appended table No.2.
Observance of resort village policy and rules
The guest shall comply with the resort village policy and rules established by the resort village and posted on the premises of the facility.
The business hours of the primary facilities at the resort village are shown in the following. For details on the operating hours of other facilities, refer to the attached brochures, the notices posted at each location, and the service directories in each room.
- Front desk 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m
a）Dinner 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
b）Breakfast 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
c）Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Large bath 3:00 p.m. to 0:00 a.m.／6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Shop 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Tea launge 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Banquet room Until 9:00 p.m.
- The front door and doors to other entrances and exits are locked at 12:00 a.m. as a measure to prevent crime.
The business hours noted in the previous item may be changed during the winter season or as circumstances require. In that event, notification will be made by an appropriate means.
Payment of accommodation charges
A breakdown of the accommodation charges to be paid by the guest and the calculation method are as provided for in Appended Table No. 3.
The payment of the accommodation charges as noted in the previous item shall be made in cash or a coupon or credit card approved for this use by the resort village. Payment shall be made at the front desk on departure or when requested to do so by the resort village.
Accommodation charges shall be paid even if the guest voluntarily does not use the accommodation facilities provided for him by the resort village and are at his disposal.
Liabilities of the resort village
The resort village shall compensate the guest for damages if the resort village has caused such damages to the guest in the fulfillment or non-fulfillment of the accommodation contract or other related agreements. This shall not apply, however, when such damage has been caused due to reasons for which the resort village is not liable.
The resort village has received the Pass Mark certificate of excellence for fire prevention standards issued by the fire department. Additionally the resort village is covered by Resort Village Liability Insurance for fire or other disasters.
Handling of deposited articles
When unable to provide the contracted rooms, the resort village shall arrange accommodations of the same standard elsewhere for the guest insofar as practicable with the consent of the guest.
If the arrangement of other accommodations cannot be made, the provisions of the preceding item notwithstanding, the resort village shall pay the guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges, and the compensation fee shall be applied to the reparations. If the resort village cannot provide accommodation due to reasons for which the resort village is not liable, the resort village shall not compensate the guest.
Handling of deposited articles
The resort village shall compensate the guest for damages when loss, breakage, or other damage is caused to the goods, cash, or valuables deposited at the front desk by the guest, except when this has occurred due to force majeure. However, when the resort village has requested the guest to report the kind and value of cash and valuables, and the guest has failed to do so, the resort village shall compensate the guest to a maximum of h,000.
The resort village shall compensate the guest for damages when loss, breakage, or other damage is caused intentionally or through negligence on the part of the resort village to the goods, cash, or valuables that are brought onto the premises of the resort village by the guest but are not deposited at the front desk. However, for articles of which the kind and value have not been reported in advance by the guest, the resort village shall compensate the guest to a maximum of h,000.
Custody of Baggage and Belongings of the Guest
When the baggage of the guest is brought into the resort village before arrival, the resort village shall be responsible for maintaining custody of it only when that request has been agreed to by the resort village. The baggage shall be handed over to the guest at the front desk at when the guest checks in.
When the baggage or belongings of the guest are found after the guest checks out, and the ownership of the articles are confirmed, the resort village shall inform the owner of the articles left and ask for further instructions. When the owner gives no instructions to the resort village or when the ownership is not confirmed, the resort village shall keep the article for seven days, inclusive of the day they are found. After this period, the resort village shall turn it over to the nearest police station.
The resort village's liability in regard to the custody of the guest's baggage and belongings for the previous two items shall be assumed in accommodation with the provisions of Item 1 of the preceding article in the case of Item 1, and with the provisions of Item 2 of the same article in the case of Item 2.
Liability for Parking
The resort village shall not be liable for the custody of the guest's vehicle when the guest uses the parking lot on the resort village's premises, as it shall be regarded that the resort village simply offers the space for parking, whether the vehicle's key has been deposited at the resort village or not. However, the resort village shall compensate the guest for damages caused intentionally or through negligence on the part of the resort village regarding the management of the parking lot.
The guest shall compensate the resort village for damages caused intentionally or through negligence on the part of the guest.
Appended Table No. 1 Cancellation charges, etc. (Refer to Article 5.2)
- The percentage signifies the rate of the accommodation charge that will apply in the case of cancellation.
- When the number of days contracted is reduced, the guest shall pay a cancellation charge for the first day, regardless of the number of days reduced.
- When part of a group booking for 15 people or more is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not be charged for the number of people equivalent to 10% of the number of people booked as of 10 days before the occupancy (when accepted fewer than 10 days before the occupancy, as of that date). Fractions will be counted as a whole number.
Appended Table No. 2 Overtime Charges (Refer to Article 8.2)
Appended Table No. 3 Calculation method for accommodation charges (Refer to Article 11.1)
Notes: When the Tax Law is amended, the tax payment will be based on the provisions of that amendment.